A relaxed and friendly ski and snowboard resort located between Wanaka and Queenstown.
Anyone and everyone is welcome at Cardrona. Friends, families, those living nearby, those from faraway, skiers, snowboarders, teenagers, kids and senior citizens. We have specialist slopes for beginners, wide open groomed slopes for intermediates, chutes for the advanced and an extensive park for freestylers.
- Located on the Crown Range, 34kms (35mins Drive) from Wanaka, 58kms (60mins drive) from Queenstown
- Lots of wide open spaces, avoiding congestion
- Season runs late June to early October (Guideline only)
- The highest snowfields resulting in reliable snowfall
- Plenty of dry, powdery snow
- 25% Beginners, 55% Intermediate, 20% advanced
- The most committed for snowboarders with 4 half pipes and a natural snow terrain park
- Big emphasis on licenced Kid’s Centre, allowing parents to relax & enjoy their own skiing. Kid’s nursery 3 months to 3 years, Ski Korral 3-4 years old, Junior Kid’s Club & Programmes Club 5-14 years. Details on request.
- 5 distinct eateries offering high quality food
- BONUS Children 5 years & under receive a free lift pass!
Many of New Zealand’s best freestyle skiers and snowboarders, and increasingly off-season northern hemisphere athletes, base themselves at Cardrona…
Cardrona Alpine Resort leads the way in child-friendly ski areas
With the country’s most comprehensive kids centres and development programs. The Kids’ Centres are purpose-built centres that cater for all ages, from three months to 14 years.
Slope facilities include three terrain parks with a wide range of rails and jumps, 2 half pipes and a Gravity Cross course.