The Remarkables Alpine Park provides a spectacular, true alpine environment.
Situated high in The Remarkables mountain range and surrounded by craggy peaks. From the first timer through to those who like to be challenged by narrow chutes, rock drops and off-piste powder.
The Remarkables is all about fun, families, freestyle and the love of the big mountain environment.
- 28kms (including: 14kms of gravel road) to car park (45 mins drive) from Queenstown
- Regular shuttle service from Queenstown
- Season runs approx.late June to late September (Guideline Only)
- 30% Beginners, 40% Intermediate, 30% advanced
- Regarded as the best place to learn to ski for adults & children
- Also has the most extreme terrain in NZ
- Sheltered sunny location, spectacular views, cafe & sno shop
- Child minding facilities, licensed creche & Magic Carpet lift ideal for beginners
- BONUS Children 5 years & under receive a free lift pass!
Extending over 700 hectares of reserve land, there’s 220 ski-able hectares accessed by three quad chairs & one 6 seater express chairlift within three sunny, wide open bowls.
For back country lovers, the 1.5km Homeward Bound is considered the best in-bounds back country run, and a short walk from the Shadow Basin Chair delivers access into the chutes’ amazing big mountain terrain.
“The Stash” project – a Burton signature terrain park, the first in the Southern Hemisphere, adds a kilometre long feature packed “back-country park experience”…
The Stash project complements the existing 150m FIS specification Parklife Superpipe, FruJu Beginner Park and UP & GO Terrain Park.
There’s an award winning ski and snowboard school, café, retail shop and equipment hire, and regular live music on the deck and tunes in the parks add to the relaxed atmosphere. Just a 45-minute drive from Queenstown, The Remarkables 4×4 coaches and transport system means you can leave the car at home and travel stress free.