Hole in the Rock Cruise
Discover what the Bay of Islands is really all about. The Bay boasts some of the most spectacular ecosystems and has become renowned as a world class playground, this cruise is an experience like no other.
View the iconic ‘Hole in the Rock’, meet the local dolphins, visit the stunning Otehei Bay and enjoy time on the beach exploring Urupukapuka Island and learning or even become involved in the incredible community ecological restoration programme, ‘Project Island Song’ that is occurring throughout the eastern Bay of Islands.
The vessel has plenty of space for an up close dolphin/whale encounter and is fully licenced, with a range of drinks and snacks available for purchase.
Cruise ships come into Waitangi Wharf, after disembarking the ship you need to catch the shuttles from Waitangi to Paihia (5 minutes) then report to Yellow & Black boats left hand side Paihia wharf.
Tour commencement times: 9.00 am and 1.30 pm
Tour conclusion times: 1.00 pm and 5.30 pm
- Dolphin/Whale Watching
- Travel through the world famous Hole in the Rock (conditions permitting)
- Cruise and commentary amongst the 144 islands
- Island stop at Urupukapuka Island
- Encounter wildlife in their natural environment
- Culture and History of the Bay of Islands
- Learn about the kiwi recovery and conservation restoration programme Project Island Song in the Bay of Islands
- Travel on a biofuel-powered yellow and black Dolphin Discovery V catamaran, designed for comfort with an abundance of indoor and outdoor seating
Child (3-14 years): $70
Conditions: Prices are per person. Valid for travel until 30 September 2020. Prices were correct at time of submission but are subject to change without notice. Above stated prices include discounts (if applicable). Please enquire for full information.
Click here for our full terms and conditions.